Powder Byrne provides a food delivery service called Swiss Cook for guests staying in self catering accommodation. All food is prepared to the highest standard off-site and delivered on a daily basis to guests to re-heat at their leisure.
The position of Powder Byrne Ski Chalet Cook requires someone who has experience working in a professional kitchen and has the ability to deliver well presented meals to a set menu. You will be responsible for purchasing all ingredients, budgeting and stock control.
You will be preparing and delivering the food to guests, working to the highest health and safety standards, as well as cooking for the resort team during busy weeks of the season.
This is a new role within the company and it will involve working closely with the London Head Office in developing a structured menu that meets the high expectations of our clients. Working in one of Switzerland’s top ski resorts, this is a fantastic chance to create and design new dishes in a challenging environment.
* Please note that all interviews will take place at our office in London
• Preparing meals following the Swiss Cook menu
• Stock taking of all food and wine
• Understanding and catering for clients’ specific dietary requirements
• Ensuring health and safety standards are strictly adhered to
• Planning and shopping for your weekly menu
• Shopping on request for Powder Byrne clients
• Managing budgets and cash flow
• Maintaining and updating the Swiss Cook database
• Exceeding clients’ expectations
• Assisting the Powder Byrne resort team with transfers and driving in resort
• Liaising with London Operations team to keep informed of any issues/discrepancies
• Cooking for the resort team during the busy peak weeks
• Representing Powder Byrne
• Previous catering or chalet chef experience
• Previous hospitality or customer service experience
• Understanding of high quality customer service and desire to exceed customers’ expectations
• Full, clean driving license
• Minimum age is 21
• Excellent time management and organisational skills
• Approachable and professional
• Excellent social and communication skills
• Excellent all-round team player
• Enthusiastic, positive attitude
• Food hygiene level 2 (or willing to complete)
• Ability to work as a private chef if required
• Strong attention to detail and ability to work unsupervised and in a team
• Experience of working in a professional kitchen
• Previous chalet/hotel or ski resort work
• Recognised cookery school course
• Competent use of Microsoft Excel and Word
• Conversational German
OUR CLIENTS SAY
“The standard of food was exceptional, it was a real treat not to have to cook at the end of a hard day on the slopes.”
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.