PB Surf Academy
Surfing is an aspirational and exhilarating sport that is closely bound together with beach life, a respect for the ocean environment and enjoyment with fellow surfers. Thanks to board technology, surfing can be enjoyed by novices as soon as they are confident in the water, and by the time they hit their teens they can really get to grips with the waves with the right personalised tuition and support.
We launched our PB Surf Academy back in 2010 on Guincho Beach, Portugal; one of the leading surfing beaches on the Atlantic coast, in collaboration with the excellent local surf instructors. Following great feedback, we have developed our programme to appeal to kids who want a great surfing experience in the company of new friends, all overseen by our dedicated PB Surf Manager, who will make sure everyone has a great time. We offer the latest equipment (board, leash and wetsuit) and expert tuition to get you up and riding the waves – it is exhilarating, exhausting and, when you catch that first wave – hugely rewarding!
New surfers will be taught by English speaking instructors in small groups. They’ll learn to read the sea conditions and currents, choose the safest and best places to surf, paddling out, selecting and riding waves safely standing up without support. This introduction will give them the skills they need to enjoy a lifetime of surfing.
The Academy Programme
- Dedicated PB Surf Manager supervising the programme at all times, arranging transport to and from the hotel to Guincho Beach (15 mins drive), coordinating instruction, lunch arrangements and afternoon activities for the group.
- Programmes runs 5 days a week Monday to Friday, departing hotel at approximately 9:30 each morning.
- Open to 13 year olds and above, with flexibility to accommodate 12 year olds if they are strong swimmers. No previous surfing experience required.
- Lunch may be taken on the beach, locally or back at the hotel, depending on afternoon activities.
- Afternoon activities may include tennis sessions with our LTA pro, local excursions and adventures, beach volley ball, golf and fun in the pool.
- Twice a week the PB Surf Manager will organise evening activities which might include visits to local night markets, meals out of the hotel and other attractions.
£349 per week during July and August including all surf activities and afternoon activities. All lunches and evening activities are to be paid for locally. Please call 020 8246 5300 for further details.
Younger kids in TheZone also have the opportunity to surf and of course there's nothing to stop parents joining in the fun at this famous surfing hotspot too!
Want to See More?
Follow our PB Surf Academy board on Pinterest or watch our video of the Academy below!
Follow Powder Byrne's board The PB Surf Academy on Pinterest.