PB Surf Academy
Our Surf Academy for 13 to 16 year olds is now in full swing, with our Surf Manager out on the sands of Gunicho Beach with kids perfecting their skills on the water. The Academy is the answer you've been looking for to keep active kids entertained on holiday. They'll learn to surf and develop new skills, build their confidence in the water and spend time enjoying a host of beach games and other adventures with our Surf Manager who oversees the academy throughout.
The Academy includes supervised afternoon activities, which are flexible around the interests of the group.
The Academy is based on one of Portugal’s most renowned surfing beaches, offering a huge expanse of lovely clean beach and a safe and open surf break, ideal for beginners to perfect their skills in the shallow water.
Our PB Surf Manager works in conjunction with local surf instructors on Guincho Beach, coordinates all the logistics from the hotel and is there to ensure the kids in our care have the very best time. They will drive the group to and from the beach (just 15 minutes from Penha Longa Resort), manage the morning sessions as well as coordinate other activities and sports, local visits and evening arrangements depending on the needs of the group.
All equipment the kids will need is provided, including wetsuits and rash vests, boards and leashes, and the surfing is fully supervised by qualified instructors and lifeguards at all times.
Programme in Brief:
- 5 mornings surfing Monday – Friday (leave hotel at approx 9:30am)
- No previous experience needed and all equipment is provided
- Professional, English speaking surf coaches
- Supervised by the Powder Byrne Surf Manager
- Afternoon activities include: Free tennis sessions with our LTA accredited tennis pro, local excursions to Lisbon and adventures to nearby beaches and coves to name just a few.
- There will also be a number of evening activities arranged including visits to Sintra’s night markets.
- Please note that in order to join the PB Surf Academy your child wlll need to be a confident swimmer.
£395 per week during July and August including all surf activities and afternoon activities. All lunches and evening activities are to be paid for locally. Please call 020 8246 5300 for further details.
Younger kids in TheZone also have the opportunity to surf and of course there's nothing to stop parents joining in the fun at this famous surfing hotspot too!