PB Surf Academy
Our popular teenage surfing academy for 13 to 16 year olds is a great way for teens to learn and enjoy surfing on one of Portugal’s most renowned surfing beaches.
The PB Surf Academy is overseen by our dedicated surf manager who works in conjunction with local surf instructors on Guincho beach. They will drive the group to and from the beach (15 minutes from the Penha Longa resort), manage the morning sessions as well as coordinate other activities and sports, local visits and evening arrangements depending on the needs of the group.
Programme in Brief:
- 5 mornings surfing Monday – Friday (leave hotel at approx 9am)
- No previous experience needed and all equipment is provided
- Professional, English speaking surf coaches
- Supervised by the Powder Byrne Surf Manager
- Afternoon options include: Free tennis sessions with our LTA accredited tennis pro, local excursions to Lisbon and adventures to nearby beaches and coves to name just a few.
- There will also be a number of evening activities arranged including visits to Sintra’s night markets.
- New for 2013 - programme extended to include supervised afternoon activities for the group.
£310 per week during July and August. All lunches and extra activities are to be paid for locally. Please call 020 8246 5300 for further details.
Younger kids in TheZone also have the opportunity to surf and of course there's nothing to stop parents joining in the fun at this famous surfing hotspot too!