PB SCUBA Academy
Take the plunge this summer and explore beneath the water’s surface in our PB SCUBA Academy in Elba during May Half Term, July and August, and Crete during July and August.
Take to the pool in Elba or a protected bay in Crete as you are lead through the water by a PADI qualified instructor. Whilst on the course you will be taught buoyancy skills including comfortable ascents and descents, techniques to stay warm underwater, streamlined swimming skills, diving environments and aquatic life, dive safety and an
introduction to boat diving. You will be supplied with all of the basic SCUBA gear including a wetsuit, a buoyancy compensating jacket that holds your scuba tank, a scuba regulator that delivers air, a weight system and instrumentation to monitor depth and air supply. You will however have to invest in your own mask, snorkel and fins.
Those who complete the 5 day course will receive either PADI Junior Open Water or PADI Open Water qualifications, depending on age. The qualification is useful to have and looks great on a UCAS personal statement.
The Academy Programme
- 5 days a week, Monday to Friday.
- 10-14 year olds will complete the PADI Junior Open Water course and those 15 years plus will complete the PADI Open Water course.
- Theory will be taught by qualified instructors, with practical sessions being held first in the pool before moving to the sea.
- Participants will be expected to do some self study preparation for the exam on the Friday.
- All equipment will be provided, just bring your swimming costume, towel and beach wear for beach theory lessons.
- All participants must be confident swimmers and confident swimming in the sea.
£450 for the week in Crete and £400 for the week in Elba. Both programmes include instruction, diving equipment, learning materials, boat divers and international PADI certifications upon successful completion.